Address & Phone
Wick Recreation Area
1861 McCollum Rd.
Youngstown, OH 44509
Wick Recreation Area
8 am – Sunset
Office Hours (Office Trailer)
Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 4 pm
Closed Fridays, Weekends & Holidays
Recreation Office Closed on these Observed Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
Memorial Day – September 30
Open 7 days, 10 am – 7 pm
April – October, weather permitting
Open 7 days, 8 am – 7 pm
(last tee off depends on sunset time)
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm
Lighted Night Play
Memorial Day – Labor Day
Friday & Saturday, 8 am – 11 pm (after Labor Day – End of Season, 8 am – 10 pm) for golf, tennis, volleyball, and batting cages
On lighted play days, the last tee time will be one (1) hour prior to sunset/or lights off.
Lights on at dusk until 9 pm, 7 days/week (in season)
Wick Recreation Restroom Facility located at the bottom of Sled Hill is open 7 days/week until 9 pm when Sled Hill is open. Closed on Observed Holidays.
James L. Wick, Jr. Recreation Area
Development of the area began in 1949, and it opened in 1956. A master plan for the Wick Recreation Area was developed in 2007. Wick Master Plan.
Facilities in this 65-acre tract include:
- Dek Hockey Rink
- Par 3 Golf Course -Seasonal
- Tennis courts – 3 artificial grass, sand-filled surface courts; one court with backboard; lighted for night play
- Batting cages – 4 hardball, 3 softball, slow to fast. Come to the Par-3 building to purchase tokens. Helmets and bats can be rented at no charge (must wear a helmet with a facemask while in the batting cage). Open until middle of October
- Volleyball courts – 3 sand courts; lighted for night play
- The Par 3 golf course, tennis courts, volleyball courts and batting cages are lighted for night use until 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays after Memorial Day – Labor Day. Starting the week of September 21, lighted play will be available until 10 pm.
- The Juliana Kurinka Children’s Play Area offers four play areas for children of all ages. The area includes Wet, Adventure, Sand, and Tot Playgrounds with equipment and features designed for interactive, physical, and social play. The Play Area is designed with family in mind as it offers designated areas with appropriately sized/designed play equipment for tots (ages 2-5) and older children (ages 5-12). Children’s Play Area Site Plan PDF
- Picnic facilities
- Softball and baseball diamonds
- Soccer and football fields
- Sled Hill – lighted sled riding slopes (open December, January, and February — weather permitting)
- Cross Country Skiing
- Judge Morley Performing Arts Pavilion, home to the MetroParks Summer Concert series
- Thomas J. Bresko Pavilion is available for rental