Walter H. Scholl Pavilion
This small picnic pavilion on the west side of Youngstown is available seasonally for groups of up to 48 people.
Alcoholic beverages prohibited.
Available for use May 1 through September 30.
Amenities: picnic tables and benches to accommodate 48 people, electricity, 2 large grills inside pavilion. Public vault-type restrooms with no running water are nearby.
Adjacent recreation area is open to the public and includes: playground, running water, lawn area, tennis & basketball courts.
Memorial Day weekend – September 30
Open 7 days, 10 am – 7 pm
- Receipt number must be provided in order to cancel or change a reservation.
- Refunds will be processed within 5 working days after the cancellation is received, according to the cancellation schedule below.
- Prior to 60 days before reserved date 85% refund
- 30-60 days before reserved date 50% refund
- Less than 30 days before reserved date no refund
$130/day 10 a.m. – dark
Discounted Resident Rate
$100/day 10 a.m. – dark
In order to receive the discounted Resident Rate, the individual or business issuing payment for the facility rental must provide proof of Mahoning County residency as part of the reservation request.
Walter Scholl Recreation Area
near the intersection of Bears Den Rd. & Normandy Dr.
GPS Coordinates: +41.072938, -80.691662
How to use GPS Coordinates
Ways to Reserve
Available to rent up to ten (10) days in advance, and no more than one-year-to-date.
• Online (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
• By Phone: 330.702.3000 (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
• In person at MetroParks Administrative Office (Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover)