Mill Creek MetroParks is extending the cancellation of all previously scheduled programs, tours, events, lectures and indoor facility rentals until the Jan. 11, 2021, board meeting due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If a registration or rental fee was paid, a full refund will be processed.
The following MetroParks locations will be closed to the public through January 11:
- MetroParks Farm Education Building and animal barns (seasonal);
- D.D. & Velma Davis Education and Visitors Center;
- All reservable pavilions, cabins and shelters;
- Yellow Creek Lodge;
- Lanterman’s Mill (seasonal);
- Administration Office;
- Wet playground at Wick Recreation Area and spray basin at Scholl Recreation Area (seasonal);
- Lake Newport and Lake Glacier boathouses (seasonal).
Various Mill Creek MetroParks outdoor locations will be remain open and available for use, including Mill Creek Park, Fellows Riverside Gardens, Sebring Woods, The MetroParks Bikeway, Mill Creek Golf Course (seasonal), Wick Par-3 (seasonal), MetroParks Farm Disc Golf Course and all nature preserves and sanctuaries.
The MetroParks urges visitors to continue following all guidelines from state and local health officials, such as staying home if sick or exhibiting symptoms, maintaining at least 6 feet apart from other visitors, avoiding congregating in large groups and bypassing busy areas, practicing good hygiene by washing hands often and carrying hand sanitizer. Visitors also are urged not to use handrails and park benches, and to avoid other areas that are frequently touched.
Full article at mahoningmatters.com