MillCreekMetroParks.org will provide an interactive and informational opportunity for visitors to explore, experience and enjoy the MetroParks online.
Mill Creek MetroParks announces today the launch of their new website, www.millcreekmetroparks.org. “The introduction of the newly designed website, offers quick and easy access to essential MetroParks information while creating a more interactive and user-friendly experience. The restructured website offers a clean, modern look while providing opportunities for residents to explore, experience and enjoy the vast amount of opportunities the MetroParks offers,” said Executive Director Dennis Miller.
The new home for Mill Creek MetroParks online is a comprehensive resource of everything the MetroParks has to offer. Key features to the new website include:
- A responsive layout, that provides optimal mobile viewing on smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices
- Interactive map feature identifying landmarks and points of interest within the park
- Updated calendar of events including additional program details
- Enhanced images and galleries of all major areas of Mill Creek MetroParks
- Incorporation of the MetroParks social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter
- Opportunity to incorporate video content including a new, 6-minute informational video about Mill Creek MetroParks’ past, present and future
- Increased functionality to make reserving facilities or making tee times easier and faster
Miller added, “The new website is part of an ongoing effort to establish a new brand identity for the MetroParks.” In August 2013, Mill Creek MetroParks unveiled a new brand logo, which has since been incorporated across all areas within the park system. The branding initiative will continue throughout the remainder of 2013 as well as through 2014.
For over 120 years, Mill Creek MetroParks has preserved open spaces and provided recreational activities to residents of Mahoning County. “It is our goal to deliver a modern message for Mill Creek MetroParks in a unified, interactive and informative manner that accurately represents and attracts residents and visitors of Mahoning County to the park,” said Miller.
About Mill Creek MetroParks
Mill Creek Park was established in 1891 by Volney Rogers as the first park district in Ohio. In 1989, the diverse lands now known as Mill Creek MetroParks officially became a metropolitan park district, providing visitors of all ages the opportunity to relish “the gem” of Mahoning County. From the casual visitor to the local explorer, Mill Creek MetroParks offers a natural escape and recreational activities for the enjoyment of all ages.
The mission of Mill Creek MetroParks is to provide park, recreational, and open space facilities of regional significance. In fulfilling this mission our objectives are to be responsive to community needs; to be environmentally sound; to be adaptable; and to be economically feasible.
To explore, experience and enjoy the all-new Mill Creek MetroParks, please visit www.millcreekmetroparks.org or call 330.702.3000. Like us on Facebook at (Mill Creek MetroParks) and follow us on Twitter (@MillCreekMetro) and Instagram (millcreekmetroparks).