Plant the Seed to Read, the Youngstown Area Children’s Book Festival, will be held Saturday, April 12 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Mill Creek MetroParks’ Fellows Riverside Gardens. This eighth annual event is presented by Western Reserve Public Media, the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County, Mill Creek MetroParks and the Altrusa Club of Youngstown. Admission is free.
Plant the Seed to Read is a family-friendly event that brings together authors, illustrators, book characters, storytellers and hands-on activities for children to promote literacy in the Mahoning Valley. The theme of this year’s Children’s Book Festival is “Reading Road Trip.” There will be storytelling from special guest readers throughout the D. D. and Velma Davis Education & Visitor Center. Special guests also include storyteller and actor Tim Hartman, author Nancy Roe Pimm, author Nancy K. Wallace and author Paul Orshocki. Children can also visit the Western Reserve PBS booth area to meet and pose for photos with Daniel Tiger and Princess Presto (please bring cameras/smartphones for photos). Strollers are not permitted inside the building during this event – stroller parking will be available. Sign language interpreting will also be available. For more information, call Mill Creek MetroParks at 330.740.7116.
More information about presenting organizations:
• Western Reserve Public Media: http://westernreservepublicmedia.org/
• The Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County: http://www.libraryvisit.org/
• Mill Creek MetroParks: http://www.millcreekmetroparks.org/
• Altrusa Club of Youngstown: http://districtfive.altrusa.org/club-locations/ohio-clubs/Youngstown/Youngstown-ClubNews.aspx
More information about special guests:
• Tim Hartman: http://www.timhartman.com/
• Paul Orshoski: http://paulorshoski.com/
• Nancy Roe Pimm: http://www.nancyroepimm.com/
• Nancy K. Wallace: http://www.nancykwallace.com