Want to farm at MetroParks? Now is your chance
Mill Creek MetroParks is accepting proposals for leasing the farming operations at the MetroParks Farm located in Canfield. Anyone interested in submitting a proposal to lease the land should do so by September 28 by noon.
The current lease with Less and Less Farms is about to expire, and the leasing rights are available for those who submit a winning proposal.
Submitted proposals must include the following:
- A completed farm lease agreement, including the proposed price per acre.
- A copy of the required insurance certificates. (See lease agreement)
- A copy of a current worker’s compensation certificate.
- A completed statement of qualifications, including farming education, experience, certifications, training, and memberships.
- A completed list of all farm equipment owned/leased by the submitting party.
- A list of three (3) references from property owners who have leased farming rights to the submitting party.
- A list of all acreage to be farmed in addition to the MetroParks Farm during the same time period.
Mill Creek MetroParks reserves the right to waive any and all informalities as part of the Farm Lease Proposal Review as the anticipated value does not fall under the parameters of the Ohio Revised Code competitive bidding requirements.
Copies of the required lease agreement forms can be acquired by contacting Aaron Young, Executive Director at 330-702-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full article at wfmj.com