Auxiliary Police Program
The Mill Creek MetroParks Police Department is looking for a few good men and women interested in joining the department to serve the community in an auxiliary capacity. Do YOU have what it takes?
- Interested in serving the community?
- Available to volunteer at least 16 hours/month in peak season?
- Familiar with the MetroParks or would you like to know it better?
- At least 18 years of age?
- Have excellent guest relations skills?
- Have an interest in law enforcement?
- Have no criminal record.
Auxiliary Police Duties
- Assist in traffic direction
- Assist with parking
- Radio communications
- Special events
- Walk trails
- Assist Park visitors as needed
- Hand out maps and other Park information
- Report suspicious activity to Police
- Assist motorists with disabled vehicles
- Bike Patrol
- Cruiser Patrol
- Report safety hazards
You Will Receive
- Initial training (approximately 40 hours)
- Periodic updated training
- Auxiliary Police uniform
- Radio communication
- MetroParks geography & history information
- First Aid Training
Or call 330.740.7102 to set up an appointment.