Please schedule four weeks or more in advance. Submit online form with program inquiry and a member of the education team will be in touch to schedule your program.
School Field Trip Program or Interpretive Tour Fees
- Mahoning County schools: $2/student
- Non-Mahoning County schools: $4/student
- Most programs can handle up to 60 students at a time, unless otherwise noted.
- Minimum: 10 students
- One adult admitted free with every 10 students, Preschool – Grade 12
- Additional adults are charged a fee: $3/adult, resident; $5/adult, non-resident
Park Rules & Regulations
- Please make sure bus drivers are aware of road restrictions and follow all Park Rules & Regulations.
- You will receive information about bus access to your program location with your program confirmation.
- Bus permit is required.
- Homeschool, scouts, afterschool, and other youth groups
- Fees: $2/person, resident; $4/person, non-resident
- Minimum group size: 10 participants (includes youth and adults)
- Please call if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment.
- Programs are intended to have an outdoor component and are held rain or shine.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
Although the programs offered by Mill Creek MetroParks align most naturally to Ohio’s Learning Standards for science, some tours can be adapted to ELA and/or social studies standards as needed.
Many areas of the MetroParks lend themselves for both guided and self-guided tours. For some, the idea of self-guided may be appealing since there is no cost associated with the tour itself. Also, it provides visitors the opportunity to enjoy the MetroParks at their own pace. We may be able to organize a combination of both a guided and self-guided tour if it better serves your needs. An educator will assist in the coordination of your tour and provide guidelines that need to be followed. We ask that all self-guided tours be scheduled with the Education Department so that we may notify the staff at these facilities that they will be receiving guests.
Field Trip Options
There’s No Place Like Ford
Ford Nature Center
Maximum 50 participants; Grades K-12
Fellows Riverside Gardens
Maximum 60 participants, Grades PreK-8
Farmer For A Day
Maximum 60 participants; Grades PreK-5
Lanterman’s Mill & Gorge Hike
Maximum 60 participants; Grades PreK-12