Picnic tables and grills are located throughout park district lands. Reservations are not required and there is no charge for their use.
The Lower Bears Den Picnic Area provides barrier-free restrooms, picnic tables and grills, asphalt trails, and a playground.
Picnic regulations and considerations are:
- Pets are not allowed in picnic areas.
- Portable grills are not to be used on picnic tables.
- Fires are only permitted in the fireplaces provided.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Tables and benches are to be cleaned and all trash placed in the trash and recycling receptacles provided.
The playgrounds in the MetroParks provide fun and exercise for children.
The following areas are equipped with playgrounds:
- Wick Pavilion (also a wet playground in summer)
- Scholl Pavilion (also a spray pool in summer)
- Stitt Pavilion
- Chestnut Hill Pavilion
- Slippery Rock Pavilion
- Volney Rogers Field
- Lower Bears Den Picnic Area
- Yellow Creek Park