The mission of Mill Creek MetroParks is to provide park, recreational, and open space facilities of regional significance. In fulfilling this mission our objectives are: to be responsive to community needs, to be environmentally sound, to be adaptable, and to be economically feasible.
- Mill Creek MetroParks is debt free!
- The current levy is the only operating levy and provides approximately 72% of the General Fund
- Park District Activity Fees provide approximately 23% of the General Fund
- The current levy is based upon 2001 Property Values and expires in 2016
Current Levy Facts
- Term: 15 years (expires in 2016)
- Millage: 1.75 mills (at 2001 property values)
- Revenue: $6,527,006/year (approximately)
- Reductions: Residential properties receive a 10% rollback & a 2.5% owner occupied rollback.
- Example: $100,000 assessed property value equals (=) approx. $50.24 per year in taxes.
Proposed Levy Facts
- Term: 15 years (would expire in 2031)
- Millage: 1.75 mills (at 2001 property values) and .25 mills (at 2015 property values)
- Revenue: $7,599,144/year (approximately)
- Reductions: Current levy rollbacks would remain for the 1.75 mills; Residential properties would still receive a 10% rollback & a 2.5% owner occupied rollback. Current levy rollbacks would not be applicable to the .25 additional mills.
- Example: $100,000 assessed property value equals (=) approx. $58.99 per year in taxes.
Why this Option?
- This option provides the best balance of providing MCMP with adequate long term sustainability potential while minimizing the financial impact to residents (2030)
- Allows us to be sustainable, but requires us to continue to be Organized, Efficient & Proactive
- Assumes Maintaining Leveraging History of 50% Acquired Via Grants, Foundations, Etc.
Our Capital Improvement Needs: 2016-2030
- Road & Bridge Improvements
- Parking & Signage Improvements
- Trail Improvements
- Dam & Watershed Improvements
- Ford Nature Center Renovation
- Lanterman’s Mill Wheel Restoration
- Lily Pond Improvements
- MetroParks Bikeway-Phase III
- Wick Recreation Area Master Plan
- Fellows Riverside Gardens Master Plan
- Mill Creek Golf Course Improvements
- MetroParks Farm Improvements
- Volney Rogers Field Improvements
- Yellow Creek Lodge Renovation Plan
- Pioneer Pavilion Improvement Plan
- Wildlife & Habitat Management
People For MetroParks Political Action Committee
Attn: Mark Graham
335 Sleepy Hollow Drive
Canfield, OH 44406